The newest tool on the scene for iPhone aficionados is the CPA Exam SmartTest app by SmartTests LLP. The app features:
- Over 3,900 AICPA released CPA Exam Questions with answers and rationales
- Access to questions for All Four Sections of the CPA Exam**
- Questions by Category: browse questions within each section of the exam by more specific topics
- Quick Tests: take a quick test of either 10, 20, or 30 randomized questions and results are shown after
- Bookmarks & History: Ability to bookmark specific questions and review past exams taken
John Ceniza, Co-founder of SmartTests was gracious enough to let me get my hands on a copy. After feeling it out, here are my thoughts on the app:
What I dig...
- The PRICE! At $20, this app is a steal! It's not $20 for just one section, but ALL 4! As stated above that's over 3,900 questions you have access to in the palm of your hand.
- Not only are there a vast number of questions, but they are actually challenging. I'm confident that this can really serve as a legit learning tool.
- You can turn on a timer when taking a quick test to practice your time management skills which is a crucial component of passing the exam.
- The results page after a quick test shows how many questions you got right and wrong from each topic area of the exam section, allowing you to pin-point your weaknesses.
- The question list lays out the question, the answer, what answer you chose, the rationale and the other answer choices. That's pretty much a gold mine right there folks. Reading over and digesting all of that info is sure to get you steps closer to a passing score.
- The history feature displays quick tests you've taken with the results to refer to at your convenience.
- The bookmark feature is a useful way to make note of tricky questions.
- It has an easy user interface and clean layout that is formatted for both the iPhone and iPad (great for Apple stans lol)
- In quick test mode, I would love if I could skip a question and come back to it later instead of being required to answer each one sequentially.
- It would be sweet if the bookmarks and history could sync between my iPhone and iPad.
Are any of you currently using the CPA Exam SmartTest app? Is is it a yay or nay for you? Curious minds want to know!
Follow SmartTests on Twitter at @smarttests
If you enjoyed this post and want to see more from Noir CPA, please let me know by using the social buttons on the left! -LVH :)